19 February 2007

Breaking: press conference delayed

The press conference, scheduled for 6:45 p.m., has not begun. It is almost an hour late. I have solid information about the reasons for the delay, and some of the news that will emerge. From what I have heard, things are looking very good from an Inclusive Church perspective.

Will post news when I can, as soon as the conference is over. Also, Inclusive Church and Changing Attitude will release a statement as quickly as possible once the event is over.

Media contacts, please contact me by email for information and interviews. I can be reached in Tanzania by mobile phone. Other contacts are available also.

UPDATE: The press conference will now be at 11:00 p.m., local time, at the earliest. Also, one of the news items I was not prepared to post yet has now appeared elsewhere online. Ruth Gledhill of The Times is reporting that Bishop Katharine has been elected to the Primates' Standing Committee.

No comments: